We built the 2nd raised bed.
We cleared the groundcover out of the area the beds will occupy and pruned the Rosemary Gone Wild.
We attached the old broken awning frames to the beds to act as trellises for the climbing plants (tomatoes, beans, etc.)
We took a trip to the local nursery to scout out plants and seeds and to get a professional opinion on the organic matter that is in a big grass-covered heap on the back acre. Too long to wait for an actual soil analysis, but the way the guys eyes lit up when he felt it and smelled it was enough for us.
All in all, a good day's work. I'll wait until mid-week to buy compost, plants, seeds and get it all in the ground!