The seeds went in today. I put in:
- Snow peas
- Carrots (about the ONLY vegetable Aidan eats, he's looking forward to them!)
- Nasturtims - both because they're pretty, AND because they're edible. Several colors
- 2 varieties of pole beans
- 2 varieties of cucumbers
- Rainbow Swiss Chard - hope it's as pretty as the picture!
- Lettuce. Something I'll call "Surprise Salad." I found a few seed packages that were a pretty mix of things like mesculin, arugula, oak leaf, etc. so have sown about a dozen varieties and we'll see what comes up!
- One space-hogging squash. Yellow straight necked.
Hopefully tomorrow they'll have a better selection of lettuce sets at the nursery, I want to put in some of those so I don't have to wait so long for salad from seed.
I still have about 7-8 square feet left that I will continue planting seeds of lettuce, radish, chard and beets every few weeks so I have fresh produce for several weeks.
At least that's how it works in the books. We'll see.