Thursday, March 26, 2009

Today in the Garden (Part Trois)

My fledgling tomato and pepper plants survived Tuesday's wind storm. I didn't get the seeds in yesterday as it rained all day, such welcome rain!

The seeds went in today. I put in:
  • Snow peas
  • Carrots (about the ONLY vegetable Aidan eats, he's looking forward to them!)
  • Nasturtims - both because they're pretty, AND because they're edible. Several colors
  • 2 varieties of pole beans
  • 2 varieties of cucumbers
  • Rainbow Swiss Chard - hope it's as pretty as the picture!
  • Beets
  • Radishes
  • Spinach
  • Lettuce. Something I'll call "Surprise Salad." I found a few seed packages that were a pretty mix of things like mesculin, arugula, oak leaf, etc. so have sown about a dozen varieties and we'll see what comes up!
  • One space-hogging squash. Yellow straight necked.

Hopefully tomorrow they'll have a better selection of lettuce sets at the nursery, I want to put in some of those so I don't have to wait so long for salad from seed.

I still have about 7-8 square feet left that I will continue planting seeds of lettuce, radish, chard and beets every few weeks so I have fresh produce for several weeks.

At least that's how it works in the books. We'll see.

No comments: