Tuesday, March 9, 2010

March Madness

As Ray said when I showed him the calendar for March, "Oh, crap!"

It's a little busy.  So, I doubt I'll be posting much, but I'll try.  I'll tweet more, so if you want to follow me on Twitter, that's where the info will be.

A few updates.....

Bridget tried out for the school talent show and.......  made it!  She'll be singing "Forever and Always" by Taylor Swift (who else?).  No, like last year, we haven't heard her sing.  also, like last year, there was a bit of self-imposed drama surrounding her decision to try out.  It's the journey.  Repeat.

Aidan's arm is still broken.  It still hurts.  The Very Big Swim Meet still starts on Thursday as scheduled.  We'll do a "test run" with no cast Wednesday afternoon and he'll make a decision on the "pain-to-performance" ratio.  Our Good Doctor is a saint to put up with all our cast shenanigans, but he's a former swimmer and knows we're weird.  And he knows how to make a cast that will be considered "legal" at the meet and has allowed Aidan to practice AND be able to still swim pretty darn fast.  We're hoping he's fast enough to keep his relay spots.

While Ray and I are cheering Aidan on down near Houston, Bridget will be seeing the sights in New York City with Captain and Nonna.  Lucky girl, and I am so glad that my little country bumpkin will get the opportunity to be amongst skyscrapers, art, and something other than livestock and wide open spaces.  There's a whole 'nother world out there, my little girl!

Open That Bottle Night was a few weeks back.  We opened that bottle, and that one, and that one, and.... all in the company of fellow wine enthusiasts.  Note to self:  Whites do not keep.  Duh!  Clean out wine collection more often.  That 20yr old Cakebread Sauvignon Blanc smelled like feet and tasted worse.  Fortunately, there were many more wonderful bottles than lost ones, and it was great to taste some of the older and pricier stuff we usually don't think to.

OK.  Next stop, The Woodlands (near Houston).  I am looking forward to the drive, as spring seems to have appeared and Texas can be durn purty in the springtime.

Cheers!

No comments: