Thursday, April 26, 2012

Social Media Killed My Blog

I am a bad, bad blogger.  I know it's been ages since I've posted.  All three of my readers are probably wondering if I've fallen off the face of the planet.  Since I started using Facebook and Twitter a few years ago, I haven't been paying enough attention to the blog and both of you who don't follow me on Twitter.

I'm here.  No excuse really.  Just the reason:  anything I could post would sound exactly like a post from this time of year last year.  And the year before.  March starts the busy season.  Aidan did a triathlon.  I drive a lot.  I have chickens.  The kids have swim meets.

I'm going to try to do better.  Two of three of you out there in the blogosphere will appreciate that, and I appreciate you.

So.... what's up lately?  I drive a lot.  The kids both swim at 5am every day at two different pools.  I am tired all the time.  I have chickens.  I gave up on the diet after not losing any appreciable amount of weight.  I cook a lot and take bad pictures of my food with my phone.  Texas springtime is spectacular and we had a bumper crop of bluebonnets this year.  Bridget got in to National Junior Honor Society and was way happier about it than Aidan ever was.


So.  Over the next few days I promise you the following:
  • Update on the chickens - there is drama.
  • A post about the middle school talent show - there is drama.
  • How I manage to make 4 breakfasts, 2 lunches, and drive to 4 different locations between 4:30am and 8:30am with no drama.  Ok, well a little drama.
  • Pictures of food.
  • Pictures of kids.
  • Pictures of chickens.

Check back soon!  I expect to log in to Google Analytics and see that all three of you have hit the blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update as I am one of those 3 readers- or if you didn't count me... your 4th ;)
When you blog about the talent show, I am seriously hoping for video to go along with the dramatic re-enactment (retelling). Thanks for making me smile! And I can relate to life being crazy and more of the same. I started a secret blog. Wrote one entry and haven't been back. So you are at least better than me!
Michelle Dibb