Monday, August 23, 2010

Back to School




You'd think they were getting root canals the way they acted this morning when I brandished the camera.  But these milestones must be documented apparently.  We are now more than half way done with lower education.  Aidan started 8 years ago, Bridget has 7 more to go.



Bridget was just a bit nervous this morning and Aidan was all swagger and confidence.  I think back to when they each started kindergarten, and it was the opposite.  Bridget had had the run of the school for two years since I officed there, and she was all too ready.  Aidan, being first, wasn't so confident on his first day.  You can see it in his eyes.

 

But he survived and went on to be the "President" of the playground, apparently.  His self-appointed job was to hire and fire the kids he would play with.  He even had a training program for apprentice playmates.

Bridget has some good coping mechanisms for alleviating the stress though.  She laid out her outfit last night.  She set two alarms even though I was going to wake her up.  She packed and re-packed her backpack.  And she left me a note on the refrigerator with instructions as to exactly what was to go in her lunch.  Never forget:  with Bridget, it's all about the food.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's my kind of girl, asking for the Daddy pickle! LOL!
Michelle Dibb

Janeen said...

Pam - just a quick note to tell you how much I enjoy reading your blog! You are so funny and such a great writer. I also love the name of it. And I just can't believe how grown up your kids are. I SHOULD believe it, cuz mine are the same age! (almost exactly!) But for some reason it really hits with someone elses kids. While we stay the same. Exactly the same. Love ya, Janeen