Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Time Marches On

 Wow.  It's been so long.  Man, is life different now!

I think I drifted away from blogging because my kids became more sensitive to what was posted online about them.  Also, around late 2015 life really changed and it wasn't all fun to blog about.  Mr. Right got horribly sick (he's good now!).  We downsized and I went back to work full time so way less time for blog-worthy activities.

But time marches on!  Both kiddos graduated high school, then college (during covid, noless).  Both have been finding their way in the professional world and both have found the love of their lives.  Bridget moved to NYC and loves it, she and Karan have a great apartment and an even greater cat.  Aidan gave Omaha a try, but ultimately he and Abby decided that the life they wanted was in the Dallas area, so got new jobs and bought a house about 30 min from us.  They adopted a dachshund, and we got her sister.

My biggest fan slipped his earthly bonds in January 2023 surrounded by kids and stepkids.  Grateful for the time that we had but always wishing for more.

Ray is easing his way towards retirement and I work full-time in digital marketing with dreams of a food blog/channel some day.  I think I'm going to try to use this space to sort out my POV, get some thoughts and recipes into place and just start trying to make sense of my idea.

Stay tuned!

No comments: